Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WHY? WHY? WHY?

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Ryan took this picture this morning and I just had to laugh and ask myself Why? Why would we let our kids pick out their own clothes, dress themselves, and leave the house without their hair done? Denni is getting to the point where she wants to do everything on her own. Ryan had to run some errands this morning and she wanted to go and this is what she walked out of the door looking like. I told Ryan that she looks like a Truck Driver's daughter. She would NOT let me take the hat off and do her hair before she left. When Ryan got back he said that everyone in Home Depot was saying how cute she was. Yikes!! This might be her new look for the rest of the year.

5 comments:

The Benoits said...

A truck drivers daughter?....umm, I could take offense to that you know! I DO have TWO daughters of a truck driver and I can totally relate to your post!! That's too funny. My kids usually go out of the house looking like that but only becuase I refuse to get them "ready" more than once a day. Once in the morning and thats it...if they look like a truck drivers daughter by the afternoon it's all good!!

Kelli said...

Sometimes I guess you have to pick your battles huh? I have the same problem with Elise. Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

Guiselle said...

LOL! I can totally relate! Alyssa is the same way... except she always wants to wear her pj's! So even though I get her dressed in the morning by the afternoon she's back in princess pj's.

Hall Family said...

I think she looks cute. Madison won't let me touch her hair. I just dread if I died and Darren had to do their hair. Madison and Marli would probably have shorter hair than Darren.

Lindsay said...

Yes- I'm with you there Mikell. Matt gets the kids ready for church every Sunday (which I totally appreciate), but he lets them pick whatever clothes and hairdo they want, so the effect sometimes leaves much to be desired :)
But, yes they are cute still I suppose. :)

Lindsay O