Thursday, November 13, 2008

THE BIRTHDAY HAMSTER




Braeden has been begging for a hamster for his birthday for a few months now so finally I gave in. We took him to the Pet store and let him pick it out all by himself. The cashier at the store told us that the one we picked out was sooo nice and sooo mellow, so we were really excited to take it home and play with it. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! I think that our hamster has ADHD and it is really mean! The other day the kids wanted to get it out to hold it so I went to grab it softly and it BIT ME! HARD! It broke through the skin and I bled all day. A few hours later Braeden was petting it and I walked in the room and it started to spit it's own poop at me, after it ran out of poop ammo it started to spit its food at me. It doesn't do that to the kids, just me. So I've come to the conclusion that the birthday hamster named Brown Sugar hates me. I know that Braeden will love and take care of it. Happy Birthday Braeden, you have grown up into such a handsome boy!

2 comments:

Mister said...

You have such skills with the animals. You can just help Braeden (sp?) understand that "tending after the poo" is what grown-ups get to do frequently.

Nicole said...

We've done the hamster thing....never again! Tony loved to have the company in his office. I think he was the only one that was sad when it died. It's funny, we exterminate our home to get rid of pests and rodents....so why we turn around and buy a rodent at the pet store and make it a part of the family I'll never know (Oh yeah, because we love our kids and do lots of things for them that we would NEVER do if they weren't around) I'm off to watch WonderPets and play with action figures!